GEORGE A. BETANCOURT, DMD, FICOI
George A. Betancourt, DMD, FICOI is a general dentist who received his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Connecticut. He went on to complete a residency in General Dentistry at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC and served as Chief Resident his final year. In addition, he holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular and Microbiology from the University of Central Florida.
Practice interests include complex dental rehabilitation, dental implant placement and restoration, wisdom tooth surgeries, IV sedation and cosmetic dentistry. He has extensive experience in anesthesia, physical diagnosis, emergency management of dental injuries and infections, exodontia (tooth extractions), operating room dentistry, and the dental management of medically compromised and chronically ill patients. His research background includes a study of the periodontal pathogen P. gingivalis and its effects of human gingival tissues. The project was formally presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Dental Research in Chicago, IL in 2001.
Dr. Betancourt is a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He is also the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions. He has been voted by his peers as a Charlotte Top Dentist, a list published in Charlotte Magazine, since 2007. He has also received Outstanding Achievement honors from the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Operative Dentistry.
Dr. Betancourt continues to be active in academics. He serves as an attending faculty member in the Department of Oral Medicine at Carolinas Medical Center. He certainly has a lot of knowledge to offer new doctors in training and enjoys staying up to date on prevalent topics in his profession.
A former division I college athlete, Dr. Betancourt played baseball at the University of Central Florida and continues to be active in sports including golf and fitness. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
Dr. Betancourt enjoys living in the south Charlotte community with his wife Melissa and their daughters Amelia, Grey and Charlie.
Video: Meet Dr. George Betancourt
- 1998 University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL - Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Microbiology
- 2003 University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, Farmington, CT - Doctor of Dental Medicine
- 2005 Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC - General Practice
Certifications and Memberships
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- North Carolina Dental License
- North Carolina Intravenous/Moderate Sedation Permit
- Invisalign Premier Provider
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Charlotte Dental Society
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support, American Heart Association
Don’t wait any longer to learn more about our Charlotte dentist services! Call Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney at 704-543-1102 or fill in and submit our easy and convenient Request An Appointment form to schedule your consultation. Dr. Betancourt looks forward to meeting you!