Patients looking to revitalize the appearance of their smile can combine multiple procedures into a complete smile makeover at our Charlotte, NC, practice. This comprehensive plan includes two or more cosmetic treatments, personalized to meet the unique needs of the individual. The result is a dramatically improved smile that can last for years to come. At Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney, Dr. John M. Pinnix IV and Dr. George A. Betancourt are committed to bringing out your natural beauty. Our team offers several financing options including CareCredit® and Citi Health Card to assist patients with any out-of-pocket costs.
Your Initial Consultation
Those interested in a smile makeover at our practice will meet with one of our doctors for an initial consultation. A smile makeover can effectively address several aesthetic concerns, including:
- Chips and cracks
- Crowded, crooked, or overlapped teeth
- Gaps or spacing between the teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Misshapen teeth
- A “gummy” or uneven smile
- Visible silver fillings
Your doctor will take all the time necessary to understand your specific cosmetic goals and discuss your options with you.
A smile makeover includes two or more cosmetic treatments, personalized to meet the unique needs of the individual.
During this visit, your doctor will also evaluate your oral health to ensure you are a good candidate for a smile makeover. Eligible patients should have healthy teeth and gums. If any serious oral health concerns are present, such as extensive decay or gum disease, your doctor will recommend restorative treatments before pursuing any cosmetic procedures.
Commonly Combined Treatments
Because every patient is unique, no two smile makeovers will be the same. However, there are several popular cosmetic procedures to choose from, including:
- Dental bonding: This treatment involves the application of tooth-colored composite resin, which can conceal a wide range of imperfections, such as chips, cracks, discoloration, and more.
- Tooth-colored fillings: If you have old amalgam fillings that are visible when you smile, they can be replaced with tooth-colored composite fillings for a more natural-looking appearance.
- Porcelain veneers: Like bonding, veneers can conceal a number of aesthetic issues, including chips, fractures, gaps, and misshapen teeth. These thin ceramic shells are bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth and can deliver a more uniform, balanced smile.
- Dental crowns: These restorations are used in restorative and cosmetic procedures alike. Similar to veneers, crowns can address several aesthetic concerns. However, a crown is designed to fit over the entire tooth rather than just the front surface.
- Teeth whitening: Yellowed, discolored, or dull teeth can be brightened by several shades with professional teeth whitening. At Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney, we offer both in-office and take-home options.
- Invisalign®: Patients who have overlapping, gapped teeth, or other forms of dental misalignment can benefit from orthodontic treatment. At our practice, we offer the Invisalign system, which is a clear, removable alternative to traditional metal braces.
- Laser gum reshaping: Those with an uneven or “gummy” smile can undergo laser gum reshaping. This advanced procedure eliminates excess gum tissue and contours the gum line for a more symmetrical, balanced appearance.
A smile makeover can dramatically boost your confidence in your appearance.
Smile Makeover Results
Patients who undergo a smile makeover at our practice can enjoy a wide range of cosmetic benefits. Depending on the procedures you choose, these could include:
- Fewer surface flaws, such as chips and hairline fractures
- Straighter teeth
- Whiter, brighter teeth
- A more uniform, even smile
- Closed gaps
In addition to these cosmetic benefits, some patients may enjoy functional advantages as well. For example, if your smile makeover included custom restorations or orthodontic treatment, you can enjoy:
- Enhanced bite function
- Improved alignment
- A decreased risk for bruxism (teeth grinding) and TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder
Schedule Your Cosmetic Consultation Today
Are there elements of your smile you would like to improve? If so, a smile makeover at our practice could be the solution for you. To learn more, contact us online or call us at (704) 543-1102.