If you are experiencing multiple dental issues at the same time, you're not alone. It is common for one patient to need treatment for a number of dental problems at once. To accommodate this, our cosmetic dentists in South Charlotte offer full mouth reconstruction. Here's how to determine whether or not you are a candidate.
What is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
This is simply the name for planning several cosmetic dentistry procedures at once, though of course, not all will be done on the same day. The benefit of this approach is that your treatment plan is comprehensive and customized to offer the best results. You may be a candidate for this type of tooth restoration if you have one or more of the following problems:
- Are self-conscious about your smile or feel that your teeth are diminishing your appearance
- Have worn, chipped, or missing teeth
- Have a substantial amount of tooth decay
- Have difficulty biting and/or chewing food
- Are suffering from the effects of gum diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis or other dental-related illnesses
Your dentist can give you more information about treatment options.
What Happens During Full Mouth Reconstructions?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach, because treatment is based on the individual needs of the patient. Your dentist will inform you about your options for treating the dental problems that created these issues and provide an optimal treatment plan. Treatment options include:
- Extraction: An extraction is only performed when a tooth cannot be saved, since it's best to preserve as much of the tooth as possible. When an extraction has to be done, a procedure to replace the tooth will be performed.
- Bridge or Denture: When teeth have been extracted, a bridge or denture can be used to replace the missing teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers allow restoration of a beautiful smile, which will enhance your overall appearance and increase your self-confidence.
Restoration of the jawbone, the jaw joint, and other parts of the mouth may also be needed for a full restoration. Cosmetic dentists in South Charlotte will inform you of additional procedures that may be required for a healthy, attractive smile.
Tooth restoration and other reconstruction procedures offer the opportunity not only to improve your dental health, but to be proud of your smile again. Call us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about our dentistry services.