Greetings from Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney
Drs. John Pinnix and George Betancourt would like to extend our sincerest best wishes to you and your families. We hope that you continue to navigate these most difficult times with strength, perseverance and the promise that we will all soon return to 'business as usual'.
Please note, the purpose of this email is not to go into detail about our office protocols during the current COVID- 19 response. We always have and will continue to maintain the highest level of aseptic and sterilization techniques. Regarding our office hours, we are presently closed as a result of recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the American Dental Association. For patients with upcoming appointments, trust that we will communicate directly with you via phone call to reschedule them as we learn more about our current situation.
For the time being, we want to extend to you, our patients, the helping hand you need during these times for all things dental. While we may be limited in terms of office hours and available services, Drs. Pinnix and Betancourt remain available to you via other modalities. For example, we ask that you please find and follow our social media pages, pinnixandbetancourt on Instagram, Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney on Facebook, and @BlakeneySmiles on Twitter. We will use these social media outlets as a means of communication and also a way to provide a Question & Answer forum for general questions anyone may have.
For personal/private needs related to ongoing treatment or your dental health, we will be available to schedule a virtual consultation. This may be accomplished via FaceTime, Zoom meeting or other platform whereby we may have a face to face encounter. These will be available to you, our patient, as a courtesy.
These are unprecedented times for us all. We strive to be on the front edge of the capabilities and service we provide our patients. Much of that depends on our availability and communication. We are here and we will, across any medium possible, provide the guidance you need during these difficult times. We ask that you please reach out to us either via email to the office (email@example.com), one of our social media platforms, or our phone line from which you can leave a message. We will make every effort possible to get back to you in a timely manner.
From Drs. Pinnix, Betancourt and our entire staff at Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney, we hope you and your families manage the COVID-19 pandemic with an abundance of care, caution and respect for the well being of our community.
Drs. John M. Pinnix, George A. Betancourt and the staff of Advanced Dentistry of Blakeney
A persons appearance is important for their self-image and sometimes, an individual will need professional help to restore his or her appearance. Cosmetic dentistry services do just that, restore your appearance through creating a beautiful smile. At our Blakeney dental office we offer individuals an opportunity to improve their appearance with dental work performed by our experienced Charlotte dentists, Dr. Betancourt and Dr. Pinnix. Every individual who is considering cosmetic dentistry should ask their general dentist these ten questions.
Questions to Ask Cosmetic Dentist
1. An individual should ask a dentist about the type of cosmetic procedure that will enhance his or her looks.
2. Ask about the qualifications of the dentist to make sure that they have the education and training to perform the advanced procedures.
3. Is the cosmetic dentist a veteran or a beginner? Some cosmetic procedures are too complex to trust the job to a beginner. A dentist who has experience in performing complex procedures should do these procedures.
4. Ask to see photos of successful procedures done. Our Blakeney dental office can show you plenty of before and after pictures of patients who chose to use a cosmetic procedure to enhance their looks.
5. Some dentists will offer sedation during the procedures. If an individual prefers to be sedated, he or she will need to ask the dentist this option is offered in the dental office.
6. A person should ask about financing options. Some insurance companies will not cover cosmetic procedures, and the individual will need a finance plan to cover the expenses.
7. With all procedures, some complications are possible. Ask the dentist about the complications that might occur with a particular procedure.
8. The dentist and the patient should both know what to expect after the procedure. Therefore, a patient should ask the dentist about the goals of the procedure and side affects, if any.
9. Materials used in cosmetic dentistry can make a difference in the result. An individual should ask about the quality of the materials being used.
10. After the procedure is finished, you will need to know what to do make the improved look last longer.
Individuals should be familiar with all options for cosmetic dentistry before committing to a procedure. Asking questions will help individuals choose the best technique to restore their smiles.