A persons appearance is important for their self-image and sometimes, an individual will need professional help to restore his or her appearance. Cosmetic dentistry services do just that, restore your appearance through creating a beautiful smile. At our Blakeney dental office we offer individuals an opportunity to improve their appearance with dental work performed by our experienced Charlotte dentists, Dr. Betancourt and Dr. Pinnix. Every individual who is considering cosmetic dentistry should ask their general dentist these ten questions.
Questions to Ask Cosmetic Dentist
1. An individual should ask a dentist about the type of cosmetic procedure that will enhance his or her looks.
2. Ask about the qualifications of the dentist to make sure that they have the education and training to perform the advanced procedures.
3. Is the cosmetic dentist a veteran or a beginner? Some cosmetic procedures are too complex to trust the job to a beginner. A dentist who has experience in performing complex procedures should do these procedures.
4. Ask to see photos of successful procedures done. Our Blakeney dental office can show you plenty of before and after pictures of patients who chose to use a cosmetic procedure to enhance their looks.
5. Some dentists will offer sedation during the procedures. If an individual prefers to be sedated, he or she will need to ask the dentist this option is offered in the dental office.
6. A person should ask about financing options. Some insurance companies will not cover cosmetic procedures, and the individual will need a finance plan to cover the expenses.
7. With all procedures, some complications are possible. Ask the dentist about the complications that might occur with a particular procedure.
8. The dentist and the patient should both know what to expect after the procedure. Therefore, a patient should ask the dentist about the goals of the procedure and side affects, if any.
9. Materials used in cosmetic dentistry can make a difference in the result. An individual should ask about the quality of the materials being used.
10. After the procedure is finished, you will need to know what to do make the improved look last longer.
Individuals should be familiar with all options for cosmetic dentistry before committing to a procedure. Asking questions will help individuals choose the best technique to restore their smiles.